Dr. Shin’s passion for medical aesthetics led her to launch Ideal Aesthetics and incorporates the highest standards of integrity and medical excellence to help you look and feel your best.
Recognizing the challenges posed by extended post-procedure recovery periods, she uses state-of-the-art techniques and technologies to provide premium non-invasive treatments and achieve exceptional results.
Services Offered at Ideal Aesthetics:
Body Contouring with SculpSure®
Ideal Aesthetics is proud to be one of the first locations in Las Vegas to offer non-invasive body contouring with the SculpSure® laser system. During your SculpSure treatment, the laser targets fat cells beneath the skin and permanently destroys them.
Your lymphatic system then naturally eliminates the damaged cells. Unlike other non-invasive lipolysis treatments, there is no suction required to attach the applicator, thus there is no visible “bulge” remaining after the procedure.
Dr. Shin chose to include SculpSure® in her practice because the treatment only takes 25 minutes, has no downtime, and most importantly, it works!
Improve Your Skin with PicoSure® Laser Treatments
The PicoSure® laser is the world’s first aesthetic picosecond laser. It is safe for all skin types and can dramatically improve skin’s appearance in a multitude of ways:
- Fine lines and wrinkles, which often appear around the mouth and eyes, can become smoother as your body’s natural skin cell processes are activated using advanced FOCUS Array technology. Obtain a more youthful appearance with just one treatment.
- Pigmented lesions such as sun spots, age spots, or melasma can be significantly reduced with a series of treatments.
- Acne Scars can be a thing of the past. Non-invasive laser scar therapy can be performed with minimal discomfort or downtime.
- Tattoo Removal has never been easier. PicoSure® is the gold standard for eliminating unwanted ink because it uses PressureWave technology to shatter the ink particles in your tattoo.
What is Your Skin Type?
The Fitzpatrick scale is a numerical classification schema for human skin color. It was developed in 1975 by Thomas B. Fitzpatrick as a way to estimate the response of different types of skin to ultraviolet (UV) light and remains a recognized tool to evaluate and classify human skin pigmentation. Use the link below to determine your skin type.*
The following list shows the six categories of the Fitzpatrick:
- Type I (scores 0–6) always burns, never tans (pale white; blond or red hair; blue eyes; freckles).
- Type II (scores 7–13) usually burns, tans minimally (white; fair; blond or red hair; blue, green, or hazel eyes)
- Type III (scores 14–20) sometimes mild burn, tans uniformly (cream white; fair with any hair or eye color)
- Type IV (scores 21–27) burns minimally, always tans well (moderate brown)
- Type V (scores 28–34) very rarely burns, tans very easily (dark brown)
- Type VI (scores 35–36) Never burns, never tans (deeply pigmented dark brown to darkest brown)
*Proper evaluation by a skin care professional is always recommended. This tool is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.
Botox®, Fillers, and Kybella®
Dr. Shin personally administers a variety of injectable products including:
- Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm Ultra XC®, Ultra Plus XC®, Voluma XC®, Volbella XC®, Vollure XC®, and Belotero Balance®
- Collagen-stimulating fillers such as Radiesse and Radiesse (+)
- Kybella® (a revolutionary permanent solution to reduce or even eliminate your double chin!)
Other aesthetic treatments available include medical-grade chemical peels and skin care products from ZO® Medical and ZO® SkinHealth by Zein Obagi, MD, Obagi® Nu-Derm, and Neocutis®.